Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Why I joined the healthy habits competition

I started going to the gym and exercising with my husband about this same time last year. The thing with him is that when he does something he does it 110% so we went straight from getting a gym membership to learning everything you ever wanted to know about getting in shape and more. We did really well cutting out treats and eating better and of course hitting the gym 4-5 days a week. Some of the unwanted body fat came off (I am trying to lose body fat, not weight necessarily) and my muscles started to get defined. I have arms now!!! Not just the sticks I had before. (I honestly didn't think this was an accomplishable goal). But over the last couple months I have hit a plateau and to be honest I am not sure where I want to go. So.... with no goals in mind I find myself cheating and not doing as well as I once did. So I joined my sisters Healthy Habits competition....
I won't go into all the rules and definitions other than to say I have to eat healthy every day, exercise every day, get 7 hours of sleep a night and meet a personal goal. I am excited to jump off this plateau and find a new, well rounded me :)

1 comment:

  1. Welcome to the blogging world! And even better, thanks for joining the contest! Your self control is amazing! Having you in will definitely push me harder. So, in advance: THANKS! :)

    ReplyDelete