17 years ago
Tuesday, June 29, 2010
Lava Hot Springs
What a great weekend with family. We went up to Lava Hot Springs with Jeremy's moms family this weekend. It was great to get to see everyone and to get to chat and it was great having Amy and Kerry come and spend the weekend with us. We went swimming all day Saturday and the kids did great. Austin went off the diving boards (low and high), I was so proud of him that he is getting confident enough in his swimming to do that. (We need to let them swim more often). We got to sit in the hot pots (hot, hot hot!!!) and we got to hang out with family. Almost all of Jeremy's family was there. His Aunt Dixie and Uncle Lane, his Aunt Diane and Uncle Lanny, His Aunt Kay, His cousin Brian and his family, his Cousin Val and her family and his cousins Marty (and her boy Brady), and Heidi. It was a full Strand weekend. The only people missing were his Uncle Randy and Family, and his uncle Emery. It was such a good time to hang out with them. I feel so at home with them, as do my kids. We took our dog though, and he got so spoiled he started whining and barking for attention when he didn't get it. That drove us a little nuts, but all in all I am glad we were able to bring him. As we said our goodbyes to everyone and drove away Jeremy and I both commented on what good people they all are and how blessed we feel to be able to have them in our lives. The Strands are a great group of people. I have always felt comfortable around them, probably because they remind me so much of my own family. I know Jeremy gets a lot of who he is from them and I am grateful.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
So fun, I love Lava. We are going to try and get a trip to Lava in before Kev leaves.
ReplyDelete