We took the kids with us to Neptune Divers so they could learn to Snorkel and so I could try out my BC. It took the kids some getting used to, to be able to breath out of the snorkel, and they had a hard time (especially Trinity) having something over there nose. But it didn't take them long and they were off swimming the distance of the pool. (Trinity had to stay close to the wall and get support occasionally, but Austin had no problem swimming back and forth). Looks like swimming lessons paid off.
It didn't take long before they wanted to try the scuba gear. So I let Trinity have my secondary air hose and the two of us went down. She loved it and took to it like a natural. Austin then wanted a turn, but before long he wanted the whole gear on. So I took mine off and strapped it all on him. It was obviously way to big, so the tank would make him flop on his side some near the surface. But he did great. Both he and Trinity mastered breathing and using the scuba gear. Unfortunately the scuba shop worker came out and said they couldn't use our gear :( (they weren't certified).
But he brought them out an "Aqua lung breathing assisted snorkel gear" which was essentially scuba gear for kids, but without the ability to go down to the bottom of the pool. So it kept them on the surface, but other than that it had a tank and everything, just like scuba gear. It was awesome. They loved it, and loved snorkeling.
I can't wait to get them out in the Ocean where they can see fish.
17 years ago
I love it!!! Maybe a family dive trip in the future?
ReplyDelete